Wondering how to watch ESPN+ in Canada? Sadly, ESPN Plus is not available for streaming in Canada. Don’t worry, here is a hack that will help you to unblock ESPN+ in Canada. Guess what? Via premium VPN like ExpressVPN, you can switch your IP address to Canadian IP and watch ESPN Plus.
ESPN+ is one of the most popular streaming services that broadcast NBA, NHL, UFC (including major events), and repeat telecasts of NBA memorable games. Moreover, viewers can watch the best sports documentaries and shows and much more on the streaming platform.
Let us reveal the best approaches to watch ESPN Plus in Canada.
How to Watch ESPN Plus in Canada [5 Easy Steps]
Following are the 5 simple steps you can follow to watch ESPN Plus in Canada:
- Get a VPN subscription and sign up for it. We recommend ExpressVPN as it is one of the most reliable VPNs.
- Download and Install the VPN app and Login by entering your credentials.
- Connect to a US-based server from the list.
- Navigate to ESPN+ official website or launch ESPN app.
- Now, look for your favourite sports and stream it without any hassle.
Remember: However, you need to subscribe to ESPN+ before following these steps. Unblock ESPN Plus In Canada with ExpressVPN Now
Why is ESPN not Available in Canada?
ESPN is restricted in Canada due to geo-restrictions on content so that there are no copyright claims. You might be thinking, how to watch ESPN in Canada. Viewers outside the US can access the streaming service using a top-notch VPN like ExpressVPN. This way, you can connect to the US server and trick the platform that you are accessing from the US.
How to Create an ESPN Plus Account in Canada?
Following are the easy steps you can follow to subscribe to ESPN in Canada:
- Open the VPN app and connect to the US server.
- Browse “https://plus.espn.com/” and click on subscribe for ESPN+.
- Enter your details to sign up.
- Now choose your desired plan and enter your payment details and click (Agree and Subscribe)
- Click on “No Thanks” to avoid subscribing to extra packages.
- Now you can stream ESPN Plus in Canada.
If you already have online TV subscriptions such as Sling TV, YouTube TV, Fubo TV (US version), or TVision. You can access ESPN.
However, if you have any of these services, you still need a VPN to access ESPN+ because these services are blocked in Canada due to content distribution policies and streaming rights. Get ESPN Plus In Canada with ExpressVPN Now
3 Best VPNs to watch ESPN Plus in Canada [Short Summary]
Here are the top 3 VPNs that allow you to access ESPN in Canada:
ExpressVPN: Stands among the top VPNs, with over 3000 fast servers allowing you to access Hulu from any location. You can get its yearly subscription at $6.67 monthly, providing 3 months of free streaming. Furthermore, ExpressVPN is highly secure and offers premium encryption and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Watch ESPN Plus In Canada with ExpressVPN Now
NordVPN: It is another great VPN service available in 59 countries with 5,400+ servers in 80+ locations and 15 highly advanced servers in the USA. It offers a 2-year subscription with monthly charges of $3.71. Upon subscribing to a 2-year plan, it offers 72% off with three months free usage, with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Get ESPN Plus In Canada with NordVPN Now
Surfshark: It is another best and one of the most affordable VPNs, you can get its 2-year subscription for the monthly cost of only $2.49. It allows you to access 3200+ servers across 60+ countries and 23 highly equipped USA servers. Stream ESPN Plus In Canada with SurfsharkVPN Now
Why Do You Need a VPN To Watch ESPN+ In Canada?
Does ESPN+ Work With VPN? Yes, it does work with a VPN. You can watch ESPN+ via premium VPN. ESPN+ traces users’ location through IP addresses. If you want to watch ESPN+, you need to connect to a US server and switch your IP address, which gives the impression that you are accessing the platform from US.
3 Best VPNs to watch ESPN Plus in Canada [Detailed Overview – August 2023]
Following are the prominent features of the 3 best and secure VPNs that allow you to watch ESPN Plus in Canada:
ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Watch ESPN Plus in Canada:
Unblock ESPN Plus In Canada with ExpressVPN Now
- ExpressVPN is the best VPN to unblock ESPN Plus in the Canada that has 3,000 servers in 94 countries (with 25 locations in the US)
- ExpressVPN will cost you $6.67 ( 5.08 GBP) for a 1-year plan (which includes a 3 months free usage).
- It provides 24/7 customer support.
- ExpressVPN can unblock renowned streaming platforms like ESPN Plus, Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video.
- It allows users to use five connections
- It protects user data via its AES-256 encryption, TrustedServer network, and private DNS.
- ExpressVPN’s US server are highly equipped and offer top-notch streaming experiences, providing download speeds of 89.42 Mbps, upload speeds of 84.64 Mbps, and a low ping of 110 ms on a 100 Mbps connection.
- ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark – Budget-friendly VPN to Watch ESPN Plus in the Canada
Stream ESPN Plus In Canada with SurfsharkVPN Now
- Surfshark has a widespread network of servers, with around 3,200 servers in 100 countries and over 600 servers in the US.
- Surfshark has implemented the WireGuard tunneling mechanism, ensuring high security and providing seamless browsing and streaming experiences.
- You can save your money and get an additional 2 months of free usage. Surfshark’s 2 year subscription plan will cost you around $2.39 (3.14 CAD) per month with an 82% discount).
- Surfshark offers multi-logins, allowing users to share their account with anyone.
- Surfshark efficiently unblocks famous geo-blocked streaming platforms like ESPN Plus, Hulu, Netflix, Disney+, and Peacock.
- Surfshark has highly equipped fast servers that provide download speeds of 86.24 Mbps and upload speeds of 53.72 Mbps on a 100 Mbps connection.
NordVPN – Trusted VPN to Watch ESPN Plus in the Canada
Get ESPN Plus In Canada with NordVPN Now
- NordVPN has a widespread network with over 5,400 servers in 59 countries, including 15 optimized servers in the US, and implemented multiple tunneling protocols to ensure user privacy.
- NordVPN will cost you $4.99 (3.80 GBP) per month or $119.76 (91.27 GBP) for the first 2 years, with a 63% discount and 30 days free trial.
- NordVPN allows users to use six simultaneous connections.
- Many devices, including Playstation, Firestick, Xbox, Nintendo, Switch, Raspberry Pi, Chromebook, Chromecast, and Kindle Fire, are compatible with NordVPN.
- NordVPN implemented AES 256-bit encryption, a strict no-logs policy, and a designated streaming mode. It offers extra features like a kill switch and a user-friendly interface to make the user’s experience hassle-free.
Can a Free VPN Unblock ESPN+ Canada?
You might be wondering, is it safe to use a free VPN to watch ESPN+ in Canada? It is recommended, avoid using free VPNs because these VPNs are usually incapable of bypassing geo-restrictions. Another reason is these VPNs provide slow downloading speed, which can disrupt your buffering. Another drawback is that they sell clients’ data to third parties, which can expose your data to hackers.
What’s the difference between ESPN and ESPN+
ESPN+ is a video-on-demand online service of ESPN which is run by Walt Disney and Hearst Communications that can be accessible without a cable TV and online TV subscription.
It is an online streaming service where viewers can watch selected live documentaries, originals and video-on-demand content of ESPN. Through ESPN, you can also watch what was aired previously on ESPN Insider.
On the contrary, if you want to access ESPN, a cable TV subscription is required. Or you can access ESPN by subscribing to American TV streaming services such as Vidgo, YouTube TV, Hulu Live, Fubo TV, Sling TV, AT&T TV, and TVision. This means you need to subscribe to one of these services to watch ESPN in Canada.
How Much Does ESPN Plus Cost in Canada?
The question that arises in sports lovers’ minds is how much ESPN Plus is in Canada; ESPN+ Canada subscription will cost you $9.99 USD or (13.34 CAD) per month. Sports fans can subscribe to the ESPN+ yearly plan, its cost is $100 USD or (133.50 CAD).
Viewers can get ESPN+, Disney+, and Hulu (with Ads), it will cost CA$ 17.34 per month ($12.99 USD per month). With these packages, you can watch your favorite sports.
Following is a table that will help you understand the prices of different packages:
How to Sign Up for ESPN Plus Account in Canada?
Users can get ESPN+ subscription via ESPN App and ESPN.com. Following are the 4 methods to subscribe for eSPN+ in Canada:
How to Subscribe to ESPN+ Canada Using a US Credit Card
You can pay for a subscription to ESPN Plus through valid US debit & credit cards. You can ask your relative from US to get you an ESPN Plus subscription. Following are the simple steps to subscribe to ESPN Plus in Canada through a US Credit Card:
Unblock ESPN Plus In Canada with ExpressVPN Now
- Subscribe to a robust VPN (ExpressVPN is highly recommended)
- Connect to a US server (preferably New York).
- Open the ESPN+ website and click on “Subscribe to ESPN+ Only.”
- Make an account through the official website of ESPN+.
- Choose your desired ESPN Plus subscription package, then enter your payment information. You can use your relative’s or friend’s US credit card or PayPal for payment.
- Once you provide your payment details, click ‘Buy ESPN+’ and pay the ESPN Plus subscription charges.
- ESPN will show your billing details and the renewal date.
- Click on Get Started to launch ESPN Plus.
How Do I Subscribe to ESPN+ with Virtual Prepaid Card or a Gift Card?
ESPN+ only allows users to pay from the US. Therefore, a virtual prepaid card is the best option to subscribe to ESPN Plus in Canada.
With a virtual prepaid card, you can easily subscribe to ESPN Plus because it has a US billing address. You can use it to purchase an ESPN subscription in Canada.
Following are the simple steps you can follow to subscribe to ESPN+ with Virtual Prepaid Card or a Gift Card:
- Go to StatesCard and select Sign Up Now.
- Provide your email address and set the password for the new account.
- Verify your account. The registration procedure may take up to 24 hrs.
- Once your account is verified, go to the page to add credits to your new StatesCard.
- Click on Load Card in order to choose the payment option.
- Select the preferred payment option. Either a personal credit card or PayPal can be used. Remember that 4.80 GBP or US$50 should be the minimum limit.
- Now you can pay for ESPN+ subscription in Canada.
How to Pay for ESPN+ on Google Play Store Canada?
ESPN Plus Android version allows users to use Google Play gift cards for payment. So even if you don’t have a valid US card to pay your subscription fees, you can simply use a Google Play gift card from the Android app to subscribe to ESPN+ in Canada.
Following is a list of steps you need to follow to pay for ESPN Plus using Google Play:
Get ESPN Plus In Canada with ExpressVPN Now
- Subscribe to a robust VPN like ExpressVPN and preferably connect to New York Server.
- Sign out from your existing Google account and sign up for a new Gmail ID selecting USA as your location.
- Log in to Google Play Store via your new ID and search the ESPN app.
- Buy a $100 Google Play Gift via Amazon.
- Create an ESPN+ account and pay via your Google Play funds.
- Now you have successfully created an account for ESPN Plus in Canada.
How to Pay for ESPN+ with an Apple Account from Canada?
ESPN+ allows users to make in-app purchases so that users can pay for ESPN+ through an iTunes account from Canada.
Here is a list of steps you need to follow to make payment for ESPN+ through your Apple account:
Stream ESPN Plus In Canada with ExpressVPN Now
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN and connect to New York Server, preferably.
- Open iPhone’s Settings > Profile > Media and Purchases > Change Your Country/Region and choose US as your location.
- Renew the Terms of Service.
- Login to your App Store again.
- Purchase a $100 Apple Gift Card via Amazon.
- Install the ESPN+ app from the App Store and click “Subscribe Now.”
- Create an ESPN+ account and pay via your iTunes account funds.
- Now you have successfully created your account for ESPN Plus in Canada.
How to use ESPN+ in Canada on Different Devices?
In this section, we will guide you on how to use ESPN+ in Canada on different devices:
How to Get ESPN+ in Canada on Android?
Follow these steps to get ESPN Plus in Canada on Android devices:
- Open the app of VPN on your Android device and select the USA server and connect to it.
- Open the Play Store app and touch the 3-bars on the top left of the screen.
- Open the “Account” section, where you can enter your name and select your country.
- Choose USA from the list and enter all the required details.
- Once you select USA as your country, you can download the ESPN app and start streaming in Canada.
How to Unblock ESPN+ in Canada on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV?
Following are steps to access ESPN Plus in Canada on Amazon Firestick and Fire TV:
- Open the Amazon website and enter your credentials and log in to your account.
- Now tap on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then select “Your Accounts and Content.”
- Now connect to the US server and change your region.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick device to your TV and then go to “Settings”.
- Deregister or log out your account and then sign in back.
- Download the VPN and ESPN app from App Store.
- Connect to the USA server through the VPN app.
- Select ESPN Plus through the ESPN app and start watching content.
How to Watch ESPN+ in Canada on Apple TV, Roku, Smart TV and Gaming Consoles?
To access ESPN+ on devices such as Smart TV, Roku, and Apple TV, without PS5, PS4, Android OS, Xbox One, and Xbox X series, you must first install VPN on your router. Accessing ESPN+ on these devices in Canada isn’t easy. That’s why we recommend you rather than installing a VPN on your router, you can use Chromecast or Fire Stick to access ESPN+ in Canada.
How can I access ESPN+ in Canada Without a Cable Provider?
You can access ESPN+ streaming in Canada, but a US cable subscription is required. However, you can access the channel through other streaming services in Canada that work as alternatives for cable subscription. Following is a list of streaming services that allow you to watch ESPN streaming in Canada without cable:
You need to use a secure VPN to subscribe to any of these services outside US.
What Sports Can I Watch on ESPN Plus in Canada in August 2023?
What Sports Can You Watch on ESPN Plus in Canada in August 2023? ESPN+ broadcasts all of the major sports content and shows. Following is a list of content that you can enjoy watching on ESPN+:
- Full replays of NBA historic games
- MLB (Live)
- NFL (Live)
- MLS (Live)
- PGA Golf
- UFC, including main events (PPV)
- College Football
- NFL Insiders
What’s New on ESPN+ in Canada in August 2023?
Following are the sporting events you can enjoy watching on ESPN Plus in Canada in August 2023:
- Wimbledon 2023
- Espys Awards 2023
- UFC 290 Volkanovski vs Rodriguez
- Errol Spence vs Terence Crawford
- Tokyo, Japan – Hideyuki Ohashi’s Ohashi
- 2023 Cricket World Cup Qualifier
- UFC 291 Poirier vs Gaethje 2
- POIRIER VS GAETHJE
In a Nutshell
ESPN is one of the most popular streaming services to watch major sports events. The channel is available in US, so if you want to access it from Canada, you need to follow the above-discussed guidelines and use a reliable VPN, like ExpressVPN, to prevent geo-restrictions and enjoy watching thrilling sports events.